AHS students recently participated in a lunch and learn program. The program takes place monthly and allows students to eat in the library while listening to a short presentation. The most recent presentation was done by Adam Zorn of the Mount Union Nature Center. He talked about wild animals present in our community. He brought pelts and skulls for students to see and study. #RepthatA
Superintendent Rob Gress met with his AHS advisory group yesterday. Mr. Gress, along with Derrick Showell (the coordinator of student services), discussed how students can uses the R-Factor to make good decisions and how social media can be used in a negative way by some people. We're looking forward to hearing from this group again soon! #RepthatA
Cheer on the Aviators tomorrow even if you can't attend in person! Tomorrow's game will be livestreamed for free on the WKBN app and WKBN.com. A link to the game telecast will appear shortly before kickoff on both the website and app.
The game starts at 7 pm. Go Aviators! #RepthatA
Parent/Teacher Conferences are tomorrow for Alliance High School from 3:30-7 pm and for Alliance Elementary School from 3:30-7:30 pm. #RepthatA
The Spa-A-Thon is just a couple days away! #RepthatA
To purchase tickets for the Alliance/Chaney tournament game on Friday, Oct. 28, follow the steps below.
1. Click link: https://www.ohsaa.org/tickets
2. Click football
3. Click division 9
4. Find the Alliance/Chaney game and click "Get Tickets"
The game starts at 7 pm on Friday and is located at 250 Benita Ave, Youngstown, OH 44504.
Go Aviators! #RepthatA
The AHS Auto Tech class hosted a car show on Saturday! Over 160 cars were on display for the community to see. Great job, Auto Tech! #RepthatA
Shaun Fontaine is the assistant principal at Alliance High School!
Mr. Fontaine's fun facts include:
1. We have a pet Boston Terrier named Louie.
2. I'm a 3rd generation Alliance Aviator.
3. I always sneeze in even numbers.
4. I love doing DIY projects around the house.
5. My license plate during high school was "AHS."
The senior athletes and band members walked from AHS to the UMU stadium on Friday in celebration of senior night! #RepthatA
Tina Arbitter is the assistant principal at Alliance High School!
Ms. Arbitter's fun facts include:
1. I lived in Los Angeles for 10 years. Returned to Ohio after the Northridge earthquake (1994) as the epicenter was just 1 mile from my house.
2. I've loved collecting rocks for as long as I can remember. I would love to have a degree in Geology.
3. I prefer the mountains to the beach and prefer to be in nature - backpacking, hiking, kayaking, camping.
4. I'm a middle child.
5. My first car was a 69 Camaro.
The College & Career Night is this Thursday!
The night is going to include:
- Chik-fil-A food truck from 5-7pm outside of AHS (by the flagpole)
- College Credit Plus meeting at 5:30 pm in Room A
- Mandatory senior meeting at 6 pm in the auditorium
- College and Career Fair from 6-7:30 pm in the AHS gym
Kristy Woodford is the principal at Alliance High School!
Mrs. Woodford's fun facts include:
1. My favorite weekend activity is playing games with my family: board games, card games, any kind of games....and I'm very competitive.
2. I played softball in high school at Southeast.
3. I donated a kidney to my daughter.
4. My favorite food is spaghetti and I love to eat Polinori's.
5. I am a Browns fan!
The Auto Tech Car Show is tomorrow from 11 am - 3 pm! #RepthatA
The Alliance Board of Education recognized the girls tennis team at the regular meeting on Tuesday!
The team is the first Alliance girls team in over 30 years to win an EBC Championship! #RepthatA #AviatorPride
Come out to support our senior athletes and band members tomorrow!
The students will march along Rockhill, turn left on Lilly and enter the stadium. #RepthatA
For the first time in AHS history, the Varsity Girls Soccer Team are OHSAA Sectional Champs! #RepthatA #AviatorPride
Tomorrow is the annual ACS Breast Cancer Awareness Day. All staff and students are encouraged to wear pink to school! #RepthatA
Aviator Families: Don't forget this Friday is an early dismissal day. All schools will let out two hours earlier than the standard dismissal time. #RepthatA
Book your appointment today for the annual Spa-A-Thon on Oct. 27! #RepthatA